How Often To Pressure Wash Your House
Your home is your refuge and one of the most important and expensive assets you’ll ever have. Therefore, you want the exterior to be well maintained.
Despite how it might sound, pressure washing, also called power washing, is not a harmful process to your home. In fact, it’s a quick, easy way to keep your home looking great while keeping unwanted debris and unsightly articles at bay.
That being said, how often should you power wash your house? We’ll answer that question as well as what pressure washing entails in the first place.
What is Pressure Washing?
Pressure washing uses a very strong stream of water to blast away grime, mold, soot, and dirt. One great benefit of pressure washing is that you can clean areas of your home’s exterior without needing a ladder.
Benefits of Pressure Washing
- Pressure washing adds curb appeal.
- It gets rid of grime.
- It keeps your paint looking clean.
- And it helps you get rid of mold or mildew which could eventually cause rot.
How Often Should You Pressure Wash Your House?
There are several factors to consider for how often you should power wash your home.
If you’re in a humid, warm climate, then mold and mildew are going to grow frequently there. That means you should have your home power washed more often.
However, if you’re in a cold area, you’re still not out of the weeds quite yet. This is because rain and wind can bring a lot of dirt to your home’s exterior.
If you live in an urban area, you might not have to deal with natural debris, but you might have smog and other pollution-related factors to wash off.
Furthermore, if you live in a more rural area, dirt roads, trees, and other natural elements can eventually make your home look a little grimy. Therefore, if you’re noticing that your home’s location is causing it to accumulate dirt or grime, you should probably have a pressure washer pretty soon.
So, How Often to Power Wash Your House in Exact Terms?
Common knowledge is that you should have your home power washed at least once per year.
This will help your roofing materials and paint look fresh while keeping harmful elements like mold, mildew, or algae away so that your family doesn’t suffer from allergies.
Additional Times to Have Your Home Power Washed:
- You’re planning to sell your home – It’s always best to make your home look as presentable as possible so you can get the most value out of your home when it goes to sell.
- When you feel like you’re not keeping up with the Joneses – Everybody wants to feel like their home looks just as good as their neighbor’s and nobody wants to have the ugliest house on the block.
- You’ve just done an exterior project – If you’ve just finished a renovation or remodel on the exterior, there could be a lot of things left behind from the project. It’s best to have a professional come out and do a quick pressure wash to make sure your home is sparkling new.
Ready for your home to look clean, new? It might be time to have a professional pressure washing company come out and give your home a nice solid rinse down. Get in contact with specialists in pressure washing in Boca Raton, FL today enjoy peace of mind that your home and everyone inside it are happy, clean, and healthy.